Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crack that Motivation Whip

Do you have a hard time getting motivated while working at home?

I am exploring this syndrome and looking for solutions to this problem.

Share your ideas with me right here and let's have fun while getting motivated!

I am thinking about some of the things that motivate me into action so I'll share them with you here. What gets you springing into action?

  • Turn on the music to an upbeat or rocking or inspirational station and sing while I write. Stop every fifteen minutes to stretch and dance to the music.
  • Find an article or topic to write about that really excites me.
  • Plan special events for the evening or morning or night and set a goal for work to complete looking forward to the reward of that time out for fun. You have to schedule some fun and excitement into your day if you are a freelance writer who sits at a computer for hours.
  • Find a beautiful place to write like at a state park that has wi-fi or a lake or some local coffee shop with a great view out the window. Watching the people come and go helps me write because I'm interacting from being present and not sitting in isolation in a closed off room alone. This really helps with writer blues. Take time out to talk to folks while you're sitting there.
  • Take a pleasure walk every couple hours in your scheduled day to break the monotony of your work schedule. A break and exercise will help you think more clearly and you'll be more productive in the long run.
  • Find nice pictures to place around you while you work of things that make you happy.
  • Make goal sheets for the day or the week and hang them in a place where you can see your progress. Be sure to provide a check box for all tasks completed. This will give you that sense of accomplishment that most people get in a controlled office environment.
  • Chocolate moves me and makes me move.
  • Coffee helps me think and opens the creative side of my brain.
  • My husband smiling at me now and then. I love to share my finished work with him and he is willing to sit and listen while I read my blog posts to him. Find someone willing to listen to your work then take a little time to socialize.
  • Making a budget that includes plans for a special trip or event and keep track of the earnings that are helping me reach that goal.
These are a few ideas that came to mind when I asked what motivates me. Will you share your secrets with me?

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Responses to “Crack that Motivation Whip”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks