Friday, February 11, 2011

Find your Blog Voice for each Blog and make it yours

One of the most important aspects of any blog is giving it a unique voice. I am still learning how to do this with my fifty plus blogs. You might think it's an impossible task with so many sites to operate but I'm finding that with time, each blog naturally develops a "personality". As the writer, just learn to manipulate and aid that personality a little bit. Then you will discover its true voice.

I can give examples to show what I mean. Let's see, I have multiple blogs but I'll pick a few that are unique.

Ren Faire Reese

A Pirate Queen who sails the continent looking for adventure and yearns to tell about it.

Heaven's Portal
 
Explore the spirit side of life. Prophecy, dreams, visions and near death experiences.

The Midnight Writer's Journal

Combined stories both professional and personal that account the life of a freelance writer.

Classy World Hotels

We're setting out to explore classy hotels around the world.

Now we're not talking about the Hampton or Howard Johnsons. This quest will embrace the unique, the exquisite, the beautiful rare elite hotels in world renowned locations. Have you ever been to Malta or China or the outer regions of Alaska or the remote cities in France? Would you even know how to begin looking for a unique or extravagant hotel in one of these regions? This blog will aim to solve that dilemma for you as we seek them out and review them for you.

A Dog Named Elvis
 
Mom loved Elvis Presley so much that she named her dog Elvis. My Dad followed suit by naming his little terrier Lisa Marie. It was a rock n roll dog's world around the house. I miss them all very much. Mom, Dad and Elvis have gone on to the spirits in the sky. Only Lisa Marie survives and she lives with my sister in a small mountain town in Pennsylvania. This blog is dedicated to Elvis and his family and to the Presley family as well. God bless them all.



Each one of these blogs belongs to me and I have created a voice for each one just by design alone. I wouldn't write the same kind of content when sharing dog stories as I would on a blog about classy world hotels. So begin this art by choosing your blog title and theme carefully. Choose topics that interest you because no matter what you write about you have to be comfortable with it. Explore this idea a little and I'll come back with some follow up on blog voice and how to manage its development. We can explore some famous blogs and writers that have achieved fame just because they have developed a great writing voice.

Have fun and keep on writing.
The Midnight Writer 

Tags:

0 Responses to “Find your Blog Voice for each Blog and make it yours”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks