Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brainstorm for that elusive Topic

Blogging is fun but it can be challenging if you are a professional freelance writer who is trying to come up with content on a daily basis. Maintaining multiple blogs is like running a dozen companies. Risks have to be taken to find out what works. I have a personal challenge about choosing topics daily. It's not a problem about having enough to write rather it is difficult to choose from the vast realms of ideas flowing from my creative side. I am not one to narrow things down or cut a story short. Blogging requires that your writing be shorter and punchy so you don't lose your reader. That said, let's expore the art of brainstorming. Simply defined, it means writing whatever comes to mind with no predetermined topic or words or length or style.

Just let it flow.
Brainstorm.

If you are unfamiliar with the art of "brainstorming", the following is an example. I'm going to write whatever comes to mind with no presuppositions or plans at all. Sentences do not have to be complete nor do they have to be related. Just literally write whatever pops into your mind. Here goes....

Pickles are not just for pregnant women. Men love them, too but I personally couldn't stand pickles whenever I was pregnant. Hmmmm....pregnant, how I remember the swollen belly, the tired feet and I couldn't reach my shoes to tie them. Getting out of bed required acrobatics when I reached my eighth month. My family was so loving. I enjoyed all those milkshakes whenever I couldn't keep anything down. And dry toast....that reminds me of all the homemade jam I made while living on my farm in Pennsylvania. The kids and I would go on excursions to pick buckets of berries...blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and elderberries...they made my favorite jam. How did we walk all those miles? I didn't have a car till later in life. Now I pay auto insurance every three months. Oh to be free from the gas prices and insurance. I long for walks in the woods and the smell of wild berries as I pluck them from the bushes. Going back in time. Science says it might be possible...I might live long enough to see it happen. Longevity, now there's a subject that fascinates me.

You get the idea. Let it flow and flow and don't restrain it. Keep going for a half hour or an hour if you have the time. You will be amazed at the ideas released from within your mind. Imagine the great writing material that is locked deep inside waiting for a way to unlock it and commit it to the written page. BRAINSTORMING is the KEY to writing fluently and creatively.

Tags:

0 Responses to “Brainstorm for that elusive Topic”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks