Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Discipline is Crucial in Meeting Blogging Plans

Any business that wants to be effective needs to exercise proper planning. Blogging is a business so it needs to be treated with the same professionalism as any business whether it's freelance, a franchise or corporate. If you want to succeed, learn effecutive planning then practice carrying out those plans. Treat the planner like a blueprint for a building.

So this platform is a learning exercise for me as well. If you are following along with the day planner and utilizing the same concept in your blogging or freelance business, then we will be learning to improve our discipline together. Every day is a new day and I start over. That is a healthy way to approach this exercise because there is no such thing as failure in a learning exercise.

Here's the rundown on my progress for this week.

This is early Thursday morning and for me the week end's Sunday morning then begins again. Let's call this the half way point. I guess I should have bought the odometer last week to keep track of my mileage in the running exercise.

I missed writing on the domain blog at Mountain Spirit Productions. In light of this realization, that will be the next place to post.

The Midnight Writer is my busiest blog because most of my regular clients as well as new ones request reviews there. It has the best page rank. I've written well over my quota for this week as I do most of the time so it is not a concern. In fact, I picked up two new clients for this blog this week already. However, I will still write a focus every week for it. Just because you are performing in an area does not mean you should stop planning and directing your focus.

This blog is the planner on which my goal was to write five posts this week. Right now I am writing number four. As you can see, it will surpass the goal. One thing to note is that I wrote two paid posts on this blog for Social Spark which I had not intended when the focus was written. Due to this can you guess what I am going to do? Yes, you're right! I'm going to write three more posts specifically geared to the blog day planner and hopefully I will write about one of the companies or resources that I use. Or I'll write a special post about some aspect in blogging. Give me a few days to think about that.

Both the Midnight Writer's Journal and the Freelance Quest have been completely neglected. I have to make a strong effort to meet the goal quota on posts and to bring these two important blogs up to speed. They are really important because several pay to blog companies have approved them for sponsored conversations and reviews.

That would be a good topic to discuss since I am so involved in this area of blogging. Don't you think? What would you like to know about blogging and sponsored blog companies?

The Midnight Writer's Cafe
has received a little bit of attention from me because I wrote my first post there today, well yesterday technically. I planned a post every day because I am aiming to qualify for Smorty so I have to gain page rank. It looks like two posts two days in a row to make up for this one.

The Grand Central Station for all the blogs is The Midnight Writer's Blogs where I post all the finished work and talk about the different programs, companies and social sites. So far this week I have made two posts with ten planned. Again, I need a make up couple of days since I also planned some feature articles on this blog. As of right now, I'm not sure which programs or companies to feature.

Four other blogs in the line up are due for posts to include Midnight Revelry, Keep It Simple, the Secret Portal and Making of a Walking. One Tin Soldier has one post out of three. I need to find rainbow news updates. For Midnight Revelry I have some special silhouette images left to use. I always allow the images to inspire me.

This might be the week that I achieve my goal. How are you doing in keeping with your plans?

Tags: , , ,

0 Responses to “Discipline is Crucial in Meeting Blogging Plans”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks