Sunday, April 26, 2009

Polish your Intention Making Skills


Setting intentions in anything that you do is very important in the success rate of carrying out any plans. This is the first step in bringing any plans to pass whether it be in business or family or personal life. Just setting a list of plans and steps to paper will not bring it to pass. First, you must set the intention in your mind then in your heart because it really does have to come from a place of passion within you.

Have you ever noticed how easily you are able to focus on and arrange plans say for a wedding of a friend or relative for whom you have a lot of love? Your heart and soul goes into the planning to make it the best event possible. Why is this? Because you are tapping into a passion within to bring forth events outside yourself.

It's almost like being able to perform some kind of magic, yet it is not magic. We all have the capability to achieve astounding things on all levels but first we must feel it, be touched by it then be strongly moved by it.

Have you read any miracle stories? How about stories involving people who have overcome great obstacles to achieve fantastic things? Or stories about recovery from terminal illness or from a natural disaster? These all tap into that same place in the heart that I am talking about...passion....that has to speak to the mind to will action.

Mel Gibson produced a movie called "The Passion of the Christ" because it took passion for Jesus Christ to make the sacrifice he made for all of mankind. That is the type of passion I'm am speaking about. It comes from a deep place of love inside each one of us that has to be tapped into and exercised. To achieve great things you must first desire it, then your heart needs to feel it which tells your mind to will it.

There are some great books on the subject, a few which I have been fortunate enough to have come my way. The Power of the Will was a book written in the very early 1900's. While visiting a friends farm in Ohio she loaned the book to me. She found it at a used book sale and it was quite a find being dated 1904. I read it,then I poured over it absorbing the books contents. I made notes on the precepts taught there and made intentional efforts to practice some of the principles to help develop my will. This book will be part of my fabric now because it has helped unlock that passionate place inside me to do things because they are worth the doing and because my heart tells me so.

Whenever I remember where I packed the book inside the van, I'll dust it off and share some excerpts here. It would be a great study for this blog day planner exercise of planning your blogging or other freelance writing or any business. It will help with personal changes that you desire to make inside your self. I can't wait to make this exciting journey.

My plans for today are fairly simple. Share my thoughts. Write as much as I can on my blogs to catch up. Work on some personal relationships and on rainbow events that move me. Cephas and I spent a very long day in the sun yesterday working on our van getting half a dozen major new parts put on to help us run better. We have a few miles to go with this van and we have realized that to keep it we need to love it and to have the passion enough to work on its complete restoration.

So follow along here as we build our selves, our blogs, our businesses and our van. Share your progress stories with us please on how you are learning to develop the potential that awaits inside you to help you actualize your dreams in life and love and work.

The Midnight Writer

Tags: , , ,

0 Responses to “Polish your Intention Making Skills”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks