Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Lake is Beautifully Quiet after Midnight

Graphic Sunset, Patagonia LakeImage by cobalt123 via Flickr























I'm sitting by a lake in California just totally enjoying the peace and quiet that came just after midnight. Maybe that tells you why I like sitting up late at night to write. That midnight hour just seems to strike some magical chord that resonates throughout the night. It really inspires me to be creative.

An hour ago, voices were buzzing everywhere amidst the sound of opening and closing car and truck doors. The water was lapping harder against the shore because there were dozens of boats out on the water. The birds were calling out to muffle the sound of the engines. Then, almost all at once, the people drove away, the boats got quiet, the birds hushed and the water lapped softer against the shore. A lone dog gave a soft bark five minutes ago as if tempting the silence to be broken.

Nature. Solitude. After midnight. A special time.

Tonight, I have plenty of time to ponder what to do on my blogs in the coming week. I'll be writing a post here next on traveling in an RV this summer. Since I'm an avid traveler and freelance writer who lives on the road, this is the perfect opportunity to work it into my blogging plans. Naturally, we should share some RV news and experiences. My van is a camper van so it qualifies as an historic RV. (a little humor there)

The Midnight Writer
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to “The Lake is Beautifully Quiet after Midnight”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks