Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Undefined Tab is Finally Gone from my Blog

So did you notice the tacky square box on each post with the double words "undefined" are now gone from my site? I spent two months trying to figure out how to program my blog themes to make the date and time appear so that unsightly box would no longer marr my blog's beauty. I feel embarrassed. I asked so many "techie" people how to program the date box and no one had answers for me. I read the theme's html until I turned blue.

It occurred to me that the task was probably extremely simple if I only I knew the procedure. No one could help me and I couldn't fix the problem! I was on the brink of removing all my new themes with the "undefined" box. Then I found a random post about this very issue and in minutes of changing a few listings in the "settings" part of my blogspot blogs, the dates appeared and "undefined" was only a memory. I feel really inadequate and silly. It was so simple.

Would you like to know how to set up the tab for date and time on your blog? If you have a new theme, you will need to know this or else you'll be staring at the "undefined" tab like I did for almost three months!

Go to the dashboard of your blog at Blogspot. Click on the "Settings" tab. Choose the second link down for Date and Time. Select "Day, Date, Month and Year" format. It will automatically program every post that you publish once this selection is made. Whew! I can't believe how this problem plagued me and you have no idea how relieved I am to have solved the problem. I learned a valuable step in updating blog themes so I hope this post helps you avoid the pitfall of ignorance that I fell in for so long.

Happy blogging. Share this with someone else that you care about.


The Midnight Writer

Tags:

0 Responses to “The Undefined Tab is Finally Gone from my Blog”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks