Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Writing Day Starting at 4:30 in the Afternoon

My day doesn't always begin at the stroke of 7 or 8 in the morning. Some days I don't lay my head down until 3 or 4 in the morning, because I am writing in an attempt to catch up to myself. This winter, my partner and I started so many projects. Currently, we have only one computer so sharing it makes it tough to stay in the flow of the workload. That situation will soon be remedied.


Oh, did you know that President Obama already
began a campaign for re-election in 2012?


I have a preliminary checklist from which I start my day.
First, I log into several accounts to check stats and status of pending jobs, payments, feedback and the like.

For my mulitple blogs, I maintain several email accounts but I have two main ones. The one that I access most is themidnightwriter1@gmail.com. I know I log into this one about twelve times daily. It receives tons of mail daily. My other main email account is set up as a catch all for all the domain emails linked to our (Photo Gent and I) website for affiliate marketing.

While scanning emails, I prioritize those which need immediate attention and make a mental note about messages that can be tended later. I handle the immediate business and move on to the yahoo. Since this email is set up as a catch all it has the most volume. We have this account set up as our yahoo messenger themidnightwriter1, with the email address being themidnightwriter1@yahoo.com.

Next, I log into Twitter to announce my presence. Here I communicate with people who are on other sites to which I belong and to some people who write for the same freelance writing company. I'll tell you more about that a little later.

Facebook is up next. This social site has become a daily event for me as well that will become increasingly popular since I started in a special project for the President of the United States, Barack Obama.

I usually keep this window active at half hour intervals, then check back periodically throughout the day. I'll post my links to it after I confirm the url then put it here on Blog Day Planner.

Next, I scan my blogs to make notes about urgent work that hopefully can be finished in one day, usually not though. I always look at the President's blog first to see how many posts have been made. If they are low, I plan to write one or two good ones for that day. Editing is very important here as well.

The next set of business takes me to Entrecard, where I approve all my advertisers unless they are questionable. My husband Photo Gent usually drops for me since I don't have a lot of time. If I do find time, it is a sheer pleasure for me. We have six blogs listed at Entrecard with plans to add more.

Moving on in work phases, I check my blogging companies to see if I have any work. If I do, I will take time to reserve the posts and file them in Word. I always write a quick draft in the blog where it will be posted, which I edit later in the day or evening. This way I don't tie up the control panel.

Now I go to Quality Gal to check my dashboard to see if I have invoices to request, rejected articles that need editing and to begin writing my selected or assigned articles. This consumes about four hours of my day and will be constant now that I have been assigned a blog here. I would love to write a post about Quality Gal. Draw that one on my round tuit!

Time to begin work. My focus is simple today. Go through the routine outlined above and get as much work done as possible. Then regroup, come back to Blog Day Planner to update and brainstorm for the next phase of the day as well as the to set the plans for the week.

See ya later.

The Midnight Writer
The Making of a Walking

Tags:

3 Responses to “My Writing Day Starting at 4:30 in the Afternoon”

Anonymous said...
January 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM

You sound so disciplined, I really admire you. Of course, out here in Zimbabwe, though we may want to be as focused, it is a struggle!

For instance, it is now 4:30 a.m. as I write this and that is not because I WANT to be a midnight writer, no.

We have had no electricity for the last two days. It came back some time during the night while I slept and since my laptop was already plugged in, it recharged it.

I use a wireless CDMA modem which has a mind of its own and refuses to connect to the connect intermittently, sometimes for a full 24 hours......

You get the picture....what I would not give to be able to write and post at will! It would allow me to focus on the quality of my editing, so that no typos creep in.

But as it is, I have to rush my posts through, sometimes with typos in them, so that I get the word out before electricity goes or my CDMA modem packs up.

Still, we keep on....the message is important.

Anyways, greetings from Zimbabwe and keep up the focus and all the best to you and your husband.


Anonymous said...
February 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Thank you so much Denford for the wonderful comment. I apologize for not finding it sooner and saying thanks. You write very well, by the way.

I am fascinated with your blog and will visit more often now. In fact, I'm heading over there to make a comment and take a look around.

Please tell me more about your country, what you write, and why. May I write a feature about you? If yes, you may pick the blog where you want it posted. Perhaps http://www.themidnightwriter.org of http://themidnightwriter.squarespace.com.

So how often does the electricity go down in Zimbabwe?

Are you interested in politics as a reporter, a spectator, or a participant?

As you can see Denford, I am really interested in who you are and what you do. Please share here or email me at themidnightwriter1@gmail.com.

When you decide if you want a feature written about you, I will email lots of questions and topic ideas for you to share. We can both write the article if you like.

Would you write a guest post on one of my blogs and talk about your cause?

My husband and I appreciate the well wishes. Come and visit again soon.


Anonymous said...
February 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Thanks for the visit and the offer to write about what I am doing here in Zimbabwe. I would be happy to oblidge.

You ask how the electricity goes.

Well, it just goes out, just like that! They call it loadshedding. Because they do not have enough money to buy enough kilowatts to service the whole country, they then switch off several suburbs at once.

It is supposed to be fairly done, with areas being switched off in rotation, but this is never the case. The areas where cabinet ministers stay, the city centres, and the suburb in which the President has his house are NEVER switched off.

There is no warning and the electricity can be gone for two or three days, sometimes, in which case I then drive to a suburb where any one of my friends lives to see if they have power. If they do, I then recharge my laptop.

But of course, the CDMA wireless modem I have uses mobile phone base stations to connect to the internet and these operate emergency batteries that last only five hours, so if the power cut lasts more than five hours, you still won't be able to connect to the internet or make calls or send SMS.......

Anyway, regards and thanks for the interest.


Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks