Monday, February 15, 2010

Blogging is a very Effective Method of Advertising

From its first inception, blogging was popular with anyone who enjoyed writing or keeping a journal. It wasn’t long before blogging became a platform for advertising and news. The trend continued to expand as large advertising firms became too expensive. More people turned to the private forms of media. Companies sprang out of this trendy movement to accommodate the increasing demand for written reviews. Even the novice blogger can gain a foothold in this growing industry then work their way up in rank according to talent and experience. Due to the demand for private reviews, Freelance Writers can make a modest to very good living writing paid reviews for Clients.

20683_Blog             BLOGDAYPLANNER

       The Midnight Writer                                        Blog Day Planner

15194_Blog.jpg             midnight

  Blog Me Back Too                               Elite Blog Reviews: Freelance Quest

In my personal experience, I started with one Blogspot blog and a blog from Tumblr. Today, those blogs continue to grow as I write written reviews for private Clients and several companies. I fill in between those paid posts with my own content and stories. The preferred ratio for the personal posts to paid reviews is 2/3 to 1/3. Practice by writing two personal posts in between every paid post and you will stay within company terms of service (TOS) and guidelines for the major search engines like Google.

screener.php              MidnightsVox

The Midnight Writer’s Cafe                                 The Midnight Writer on Vox

After I began setting up these two blogs, I felt the need to research blogging and how to make a living at this profession. My ultimate dream was to be a freelance writer with focus on creative and factual articles for magazines and news sites. I held a loftier long term goal to become a published novelist and short story writer with the dream to write script for movies. I wanted to touch hearts with my words and stories. But I knew this would take a longer time to achieve so I set out to earn enough to support my needs and to keep me writing. Blogging opened the door to a freelance writing journey and I have been walking that road for almost two years now.

Through my research, I quickly learned about the free sites that served as blogs, social forums and advertising outlets. I opened accounts with multiple sites such as Moli, Multiply, My Space, Bebo and many others. Methodology taught by Peter Drew, CEO of Mashable, drew me to his philosophies on blogging and writing using a method of multiplicity. I followed a suggested listing of forty sites and began sequentially setting up accounts, profiles, reciprocal links and designing layouts. Then I set about writing posts and launched a social networking campaign that enveloped many hours of work and tedious writing.

Today, I continue the pattern of multiplying my blog persona and have created dozens of blogs. After a year of researching blogging and blog companies, I learned that to improve my rank I needed to buy domains and hosted blogs. This gives you a better rank with search engines, the companies, and advertisers or private clients for whom you will write as a freelance Blogger. Currently, I continue to update and create blogs in my writing network. I’m still learning to fine tune the process. Many of my blogs need updated or redesigned. I felt a need to improve my blogs ranks somehow. I stepped into the realm of SEO in the last six months. That is a more complex task that requires study and effort.

Watch me as I grow and join me in a blogging adventure. Build your network of blogs then share the links and your story with us right here on Blog Day Planner. Email me for more details at themidnightwriter1@gmail.com.

The Midnight Writer

Tags:

0 Responses to “Blogging is a very Effective Method of Advertising”

Blogging Network

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Blog Day Planner. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks